Saturday, January 19, 2008

South Carolina Primary

With less than 1% of the precincts reporting, it's way too early to make a call. Even Fox is saying it's too close. Wow...I'm impressed with such reticence. Fox seems to think it's a horserace between John McCain and Mike Huckabee. We'll see as the evening progresses.

At this time, McCain is ahead of Huckabee by about 900 votes. Mitt Romney is in third. I'm guessing that Paul and Hunter will be dropping out of the race soon. If not after South Carolina, then after the Florida primary on the 29th.

Rudy Giuliani has been very quiet about his campaign so far. He hasn't done much in any of the early states, New Hampshire, Iowa, Michigan, Wyoming, and now South Carolina. It seems he's putting his campaign eggs in the Florida basket. He has a big base here, but I don't think he's going to do as well as he thinks he will. Florida voters have been watching what's been happening in other states. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Rudy won't do as well as he hopes he'll do. I'm not going so far as to say he won't win in Florida, but I think it will be by a smaller margin than his camp expects. I'm sort of thinking he'll place after McCain, Romney and even Huckabee.

Fred Thompson has pulled ahead of Romney for third. I'm thinking that what we're seeing right now is the way it's going to end. McCain, Huckabee and Thompson.

No comments: