Friday, May 25, 2007

A Pet Peeve

I just deleted yet another comment on an old post. I've deleted several of these lately because....they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the post. Oh, sure, they praise the post and my blog....I'm just so witty, and smart, my blog is terrific, the very bestest blog in the entire Internet, bar none. And, if I (or my readers) want to know about Costa Rican land sales, well, just come to this site (here's the link!) and you'll find all you want to know.

Well, the post had nothing to do with land, land sales, property, Costa Rica or anything remotely to do with Costa Rican land sales.

And, the last I knew, it was illegal by Costa Rican law for foreign nationals to own Costa Rican property. Now, perhaps the law has changed, or maybe it hasn't and maybe I was wrong in the first place. I don't really care.

These commenters want nothing more than to get hits on their own sites. Or to get hits by the number of search engines that crawl the web looking for specific words. The more hits, the higher the ranking. Well, you ain't gonna get hits via my blog that way. Doesn't matter whether it's Costa Rican land sales, home decor using a horse theme (horsey accessories) or anything else.

Look, I wish you the best in your entreprenurial endevours, but don't comment on a post that's a couple of years old thinking the blogger won't notice. I'm notified everytime a comment is left. If it's worthy to leave - and if it is a comment about the topic, it will probably stay - agree with me or not. But, if I can see it for what it is, don't bother. It won't stay up more than a couple of hours.

However, if you want to advertise on my site, well, send me an email. We'll talk. I might offer you a pretty good deal.

Or not.

No comments: