Sunday, May 21, 2006

To My Readers

Lately I've gotten emails from visitors in other languages, German and French in particular. They haven't been left as "comments" to a post, but sent as email to me.

I enjoy getting feedback, but I'm not bi-or multi-lingual. Since I have little idea of what the emails said, I've deleted them.

I've been able to make out enough to realize I'm not being praised for the awesomeness of this blog, or even reamed out for an opinion I've dared to voice. A couple of words or phrases sort of lead me to believe I'm being invited to look at another site, but I'm not sure and even though a link is usually provided, I'm hesitant to blindly follow a link I have no clue as to where it leads. I don't like going up blind alleys. And while I doubt anyone is "out to get me" I don't want to provide ammunition either.

So, please, if you are leaving comments or emailing me, you'll have to do it in English. If you want a reply, leave a comment. If you use email, you'll have to leave your email address otherwise your email comes to me from "anonymous" and I can't reply without a return email. My reply might make a post, but that will depend on your comment and my reaction to your comment.

One more comment from me. When you do leave a comment, make it germain to the topic of the post or at least something that been posted somewhere on the blog. I've only deleted a couple of comments and those had absolutely nothing to do with the post itself, and in fact, I had never posted on the subject contained in the comment.

If you would like to suggest a topic for me to opine on, I'll be happy to see if it sparks interest in me. Perhaps we can start a discussion thread.

As always, I'm happy for feedback. Just be sure it's in English, please.

No comments: