Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cindy Sheehan - My Final Word

As I stated previously, I feel very badly for this woman. She is a mother who lost her son. She's still in the grieving process. I also think there are some mental problems there, but I'm not trained in that field. It's just my opinion.

Cindy has the right to say or think whatever she wants. I do not deny that and will defend her right to think and say what she wants. She is not, however, exempt from other people disagreeing with her and saying it.

She can say anything she wants about George Bush. He's a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him. Heck, I don't agree with him about everything, Border security is a big issue where we are on opposite sides of the fence. He's helping illegal aliens over the fence and I want to push them back. There are others, but this is not the time or place.

She can even express her opinion about foreign policy - ours and other nations. Why she thinks she can influence the UN is beyond me, but she has the right.

Cindy has said America is not worth dying for. Here is where we part company. America is the greatest country in the history of the world. I don't like that we are at war, I don't like that our military personnel are dying. Not in the least. But, there are things that are worth dying for: God, country, and values. You may agree or not. You may have other things you feel are worth dying for. You might call me a flag-waver and whatever else you want. I love waving the Flag. I am many things, but one of the things I am is an American. I get choked up seeing the Flag waving and hearing our anthem. I am unabashedly and unapologically patriotic. I will not call Cindy Sheehan unpatriotic for her words against George Bush or any other person. And I hesitate to call her unpatriotic for saying America is not worth dying for. She has the right to her opinions, even when I think she is wrong.

I'd like Cindy to face a group of Vietnam vets and say America is not worth dying for. I'd like to see her defend her words to WWII and Korean vets. How about Gulf War (I) vets? How about other Gold Star parents? How about the widows and children of military personnel who have died in defence of America during peacekeeping missions in Kosovo? At the Colbart Towers? The Cole? If they didn't think America was worth dying for, why were they in the military? How about those who lost loved ones on September 11th? Are they not worth dying for?

As far as I know, Cindy has only spoken to groups of people who agree with her. Cindy, you have the right to say America isn't worth dying for. You've said it on national television to a biased, leftest media looking for something to report against our administration. Do you have the courage to say America isn't worth dying for to any of the groups I mentioned above? And do you have the courage to hear and accept what they might have to say to you?

Would you say it to Casey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She never said America wasn't worth dying for.

She said IRAQ wasn't worth dying for. And it isn't.

Freedom is not a gift to be given, but a prize to be won through the blood and struggle of a people that hunger for it. Casey and the other soldiers have died to help create what will end up being another radical islamist state.

Not the way we should spend the lives of our sons and daughters.

Jim S.
Veteran of GWI, voted for the first Bush. Amazed by the ineptitude of the current Bush.