Saturday, July 02, 2005

Pay Raise?

I just got a pay raise that is nearly insulting, but when crunching the numbers (I like crunching numbers, you might remember), I found that I can’t blame my employer. Not too much anyway. And in any case, it only supports, no, enflames my burning desire to get rid of the IRS.

I work two forty-hour weeks in one pay period. We’re paid 26 times per year. It takes a couple of extra steps to figure out how much per month I make if I need to know a monthly figure, but it’s not hard. Just multiply the pay figure by 26 then divide by 12. Close enough for government work, as we always say.

Anyway, seventy-four cents an hour comes to $59.20 a pay. My Federal payroll deductions went up $55.21 leaving me with a cool $3.99 per pay to spend however I choose. Gee…I can buy an extra gallon and a half of gas every two weeks! Woo-hoo!

Decisions. Decisions. What ever will I do with that extra $3.99 every two weeks?

Update: Forgot to mention it before, but the Federal government took 93% of my raise. 93%! Do you wonder why I'm all for eliminating payroll taxes?

Fair Tax all day, everyday!

No comments: