Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hurricane Dennis - Here We Go Again

Seems like we went through this just a few months ago. Oh, wait! We did! It's deja vu all over again.

For those who may not know, I live in Bradenton, which is on Florida's west coast. Bradenton is smack between Tampa/St Pete and Sarasota. Looks like we're gonna take a miss again (Thank you, dear Lord!) unless Dennis takes a sudden and swift right. Not that I want anyone else to suffer, but I have to admit to being glad that it's not us in Dennis' sights.

I had planned to do some live blogging today, but there really wasn't much to live blog about. We were talking yesterday morning at work about Dennis being over Cuba. I noticed about noon that it got rather dark and I thought about Dennis and decided that he couldn't possibly be effecting out weather yet. Well, I was wrong about that. I saw the news last night and realized that was exactly what the problem was. That is one big storm!

Last night, we had some thunder and lightning. My dog about jumped out of his skin when one boom went off. Hey, when you're a chihuahua, every loud noise can be scarey! Today, we've had some wind and rain, not really much of either, I've been surprised. I expect we'll have more tonight and tomorrow since the storm will be that much closer.

Yesterday, Governor Jeb! declared a state of emergency and Collier and Walton counties ordered evacuations. Collier and Walton counties remembered last year and began ordering evacuations.

Dennis has just been upgraded to a Cat 3 storm. Please, if you live in the Florida Panhandle, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana take care and stay safe.

No comments: