Saturday, July 16, 2005

Harry Potter Rides Again!

Harry Potter mania is hitting bookstores all over America today. The latest release in the series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was released in the US for sale.

Many people, of course, took advance of pre-sale purchases and reserved their copies early on. I understand some bookstores were open until after midnight, or maybe they opened at midnight, so to allow their customers to make their purchases as soon as the calendar turned to the 16th.

I might sound a little like I'm making fun of the Harry Potter mania, but I'm not. I can understand their feelings for the teenaged wizard and his friends. I didn't really think I would care for Harry Potter until I saw the first movie and then I had to see the next. I still haven't read the books, but I have both movies on DVD.

I know that there were, and probably still are, many people who think that Harry Potter is the next thing to the anti-Christ. He's a wizard and you know what the Bible says about the occult! Well, is Harry really much different from superheroes such as Superman, Spiderman, or any of the Fantastic Four? They all have powers of some sort and they all use their powers to fight evil. I think those railing against Harry and his friends would be singing a different tune if Harry used his powers against Satan instead of users of the "dark arts". These same people who think that Harry is evil because he practices magic allow their kids to wear Superman jammies, or Spiderman Halloween costumes. They make sure the kids see the latest version of the movies or cartoons that come out. Isn't this being a bit hypocritical?

To show my support for Harry Potter I've added a link to the sidebar so that you can purchase your copy of the Half-Blood Prince if you haven't already. Enjoy!

No comments: