Saturday, February 12, 2005

Wyatt

I've written a little bit about my Chihuahua, Wyatt. Someday, when I figure out how to do pictures, I'll do post some. When I do, look out! Anyway. Wyatt is about 7 months old. He is purebred, but I didn't get papers. He was bred and raised by the grandmother of the wife of a co-worker and he was free, so I can't do too much questioning about his background. At least, I don't feel like I can. There are times when I want to wring his tiny little neck, and other times when I know Wyatt thinks I am the center of his world.

When I walk in the door, he greets me like he has just missed me soooooooo much! The next ten minutes are Mommy's home! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Mommy's home! We do the Mommy's home dance where he stands on his back legs and waves his front legs in the air. He dances all around me on two legs and then we do a twirl or two. He holds onto my fingers and twirls around. Then he jumps all over the chair and couch and coffee table, just waiting for me to kiss Daddy hello and speak to the other kids (Dollie and Oliver, the cats). Then, when I sit down in the chair he jumps up and washes my face for about 10 minutes or until I've had enough. He gets a toy and either wants me to throw it for him, or he sits in my lap and chews on it while I talk to Dale.

I noticed that I haven't been cleaning up puppy puddles lately. hmmmm....potty training wasn't going well because I work and Dale is unsteady enough on his feet that he doesn't want to take Wyatt outside unless I'm there. I was putting down potty pads, but he wasn't real good about using them. One evening last week I found out why I wasn't cleaning as much. Wyatt is using the litter box! I had wanted him to be litter trained, but it was hard going. Apparently, the cats have trained him. He got a treat that time and every time I've noticed him using the litter since.

Now, if only we could get him to use the litter for his, uh....puppy tootsie rolls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The puppy dance made me smile. Great description. Wicked cute. It's the earnestness and joy of our animal companions that always makes me catch my breath. Can't wait to see pictures!

Sissy
http://sisu.typepad.com

Kitten said...

Thanks Sissy! As you can see, I figured out how to post pictures. Look out world!