Saturday, January 01, 2005

My Little Corner 2005

Well, we're 12 and a half hours into the new year and I can honestly say I haven't broken my resolutions...yet. Partly because I didn't really make any, just a few ideas that I would like to improve my life. If I don't complete them, well, it's not going to hurt me or anyone else. If I do, well, things might be better, but I'll probably be the only one to notice.

I do have some resolutions for this blog. My Little Corner is now a PC-free zone. I will not be mean or nasty and I won't call anyone names. I won't presume to assume you are illiterate or uninformed and ask that you don't presume that about me. I have have readers in the past lambast me for being uninformed. I am not; I have based my opinions on a lot of research and thought. Just because I have reached other conclusions that you have, doesn't mean I don't know what I talking about.

Intolerance will not be tolerated here. If you have an opinion about something, remember it is just that: an opinion. If you want to express that opinion, feel free to do so, just do it nicely. You don't have to sugar-coat, but don't be mean or nasty or use four-letter words just to show that you know them. If you need to use course, vulgar words to emphasize your opinion, it's my opinion that you don't have a well-founded basis for your opinion and is therefore irrelevant. If I feel that your opinion is not of merit I may delete it from my comments or I may post it for all to see along with the comments I care to make.

Blue is my favorite color but I live in a Red State and Red county and I voted for Bush although I don't agree with everything he espouses; I am Christian; I am conservative; I am a wife, sister, aunt and friend; I am a homeowner; I am owned by a dog and two cats; I am employed full-time; I favor the Fair Tax Act and privatization of Social Security accounts; I am all this but so many more things. What I am saying is that I am all of these, but they are not the sum of my whole so unless you personally know me, don't assume things about me I have not expressed in My Little Corner.

I do have a few personal resolutions: the usual lose some weight and get more organized. I can't pledge to quit smoking because I don't smoke; same with drinking, although I do have the occassional drink. I think I'll work on organization because it's more of changing a habit where losing weight is a life style change. Oh, I almost forgot! To get our home computers networked! My computer is currently off-line so I have to use Dale's for Internet use. We were networked but something went wonky and now I can't access the network. Because I don't want to download anything to his computer, I don't have pictures or anything that requires a download on this blog. And there are many that I would like to have. But, this situation should resolve itself within a matter of weeks. Come on, tax return! It better be a big one, I've got lots of plans for that check!

How about you? What are your resolutions?

1 comment:

r said...

Hmmm, I have avoided making any resolutions the past few years, but with having children old enough to be aware of the tradition, they have challenged me to make a list.

So....
1)Less time, but scheduled, on the computer.
2)Continued exercise to lower my cholestrol.
3)To practice the theory of "Be Here Now"- not allow distractions to take me away from my husband and daughters.

:)