Friday, November 26, 2004

Holiday Thoughts and Ramblings

Thanks to Denny at Grouchy Old Cripple in Atlanta, I found this link. We really need to help these poor folk in their endevor to emigrate.

We were watching Studio B on Fox yesterday with host Sheppard Smith. My, but he really went southern during one segment describing an accident south of here on I-75 in Sarasota County. Dale said he was dangerously close to Redneck. Don't get either of us wrong, Dale is from Kentucky and about as good ol' boy as you can get. And although I was born in Pennsylvania, my heritgage is Midwest/Southern.

David at
The Glittering Eye has compiled a selection of different Thanksgiving prayers and practices. Thanks to Beth at She Who Will Be Obeyed! for the link.
And from Sissy at Sisu a link to Spirit of America who wants to send sewing machines to women in Iraq. As Sissy says, "Give a woman a dress, and she is clothed for a day. Give her a sewing machine, and she can clothe and feed her family for a lifetime." Sewing machines for women in Ramadi. A permanent link will be on the sidebar. Thanks Sissy!

This is a little off the mark for the feeling of this post, but I think it's important enough to put out there. Here is a
link to a petition to Congress to show support for the Marine who killed the insurgent in Fallujah. I don't know if it will do any good, but it's here for your review.

Thanks to Michelle Malkin for this link. It's to Move America Forward! The first link is to a petition to various Senate personages to get the UN out of the US. I think I'd rather see us out of the UN altogether, but getting the UN out of the US is a good start. The second is to the main page which gives information on the the drive to move the UN out of the US, the Oil for Food scandal and other news items.

It's Black Friday - the day after Thanksgiving and the official first shopping day of the Christmas season. I'll be spending the day at home today watching TV, rambling the blogosphere, and eating leftovers. I refuse to spend the day in traffic on the roads or in the stores. I don't like shopping enough to put myself through it. God Bless those of you who enjoy being out in this! May you find the best bargains and put a serious dent into your holiday Christmas list. Be safe and enjoy!

No comments: