Monday, June 28, 2004

Hehehehehe....

The phone rang this evening. When I picked it up the caller announced he was calling for the Republican National Party in Washington DC and did I have a few minutes to answer some questions. Okay, sure, I have a couple of minutes.

After asking how important, on a scale of 1 - 5 with 5 being the most important, was it to retain a Republican Administration in the White House, he got on to the real reason for the call (I answered that I thought the answer would be at least a 4. This made him very happy). The upshot was, could the RNP count on me for a donation of least $100. More would be better, of course. I said, well, there's only one problem. I'm not a Republican. Short (surprised?) pause, and then, "You're not?" No, I don't believe I've ever been a registered Republican. I also just had to add that I wasn't a Democrat either, that I'm registered as an Independent. He apologized all over himself saying he was sorry for the call, and he'd do what he could to stop the calls. And reassured me that no RNP candidate was paying for the call.

I didn't care that the RNP was calling, I actually found it humorous. I can't wait until the Democrats call with their version of the first question - How important is it to me that the Democrats regain the White House? With the raving lunatics that seem to populate the DNC these days, it would scare me to death.

No comments: