Wednesday, January 26, 2005

USA Next

I've found a website that may be an alternative to AARP. I joined AARP last August when I became eligible and since then have realized that AARP is not necessarily working for the good of retired Americans. Some say it has a distinctly left bias. I won't say it's biased in all areas, but enough that I'm a bit concerned just how much AARP is working for me.

USA Next claims to be the anthisis of AARP. They have some articles that offer information that AARP isn't what it claims to be. I'll leave it up to you to decide. They have a lot of the same discounts and offers that AARP has. And, I'd say that's what really drives people to AARP. I looked into a cell phone offer for AARP members. It's a nationally know cell phone company and I had already checked out this phone on the company website. When I saw a discount for AARP members, I decided to give it a look see. I didn't see any difference in the price offered to AARP members than what was on the company website. Now, maybe I missed something. I plan to go back and check again. I want to be fair and honest about AARP. But, to tell the truth, I haven't seen much on AARP that is really worth anything. I could be wrong, but I haven't found it yet. I don't think I'll be renewing my membership next summer.

The membership fees are the same, so if you are of an age to be eligible for AARP, or coming up on it, check out USA Next. A look won't cost you anything.

No comments: