Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday Ramblings

Washington Elections - The Seattle Times reports that 129 felons illegally voted in Washington state last fall. That's especially interesting because it's the exact number by which Christine Gregoire won the gubernatorial elecion.

Tsunami Relief - I'm all for helping when disasters strike, but then I read this article and I wonder when did the US get into the hotelier business?

Code Pink
Protests - I, for one, would like to know where the Code Pink protestors got their tickets. Jim Angle of FOX News reports that it was congressional Democrats from NY and California. For the record, I would be as outraged at their protests if it were Kerry's inaugurual ball. Code Pink has the absolute right to protest, but this was not the time nor the place. An apology is required to the organizers of the ball. It was their party that was crashed and their guests who were exposed to such a spectacle. If I were the organizers, I would also be speaking to the security team. How on earth were these "ladies" allowed to bring in banners? I didn't see the banners, but I'm sure they were a bit too large to go into a ladies evening bag.

Fair Tax - I'm still waiting for permission to post the 50 point talking points I wrote about yesterday. If I don't get actual permission, I'll post anyway - with proper credit to the author. Others on the list say they have already posted it on their blogs, so I don't think there will be a problem. I just like to ask, you know?

No comments: