Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm a Right-Wing, Tea-Bagging Extremist

and proud of it.

I've been many things in my life that I've been proud of. A high school graduate, a college student, wage earner/tax payer, daughter, wife, sister, friend, Christian, and Girl Scout, to name a few in no particular order. 

I don't attend church on any regular basis, but I do have Christian based beliefs, I have membership in several tax reform organizations, and I did change my politicial party affliation to Republican so that I could vote in primaries for certain candidates I believed in, although I continue to consider myself to be an Independant voter with core conservative values. When I latch on to a cause I believe in, I tend to be passionate about it. Apparently, I'm considered to be a risk to the government. 

Let's see. When the World Trade Center was bombed in what? 1993? An Islamic Cleric and his group took responsibility. When the World Trade Center was destroyed in 2001, it was 19 young, Muslim men who were responsibile and Usama Bin-Laden took responsibility for that. Yes, the Oklahoma City bombing was a home-grown terrorist. I guess I'm now dangerous because of one man's actions, and not the actions of 19+.

I'm not pointing out Muslims as being dangerous to Americans. The vast majority are either apathetic to the political aspects and would rather just live their lives or don't condone what the minority have done or plan to do.

Just because someone has a different belief system than I do doesn't mean they are out to destroy my life or America. But I do resent being tossed in with the one who do mean to do me or my country harm. Like others who have been deemed Right Wing, Teabagging extremists, I am protesting mortgaging my future and future generations because someone failed to do their jobs. 

I guess I won't try to fly anytime soon. TSA probably has my name on a no-fly list somewhere.

No comments: