Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Email Fun

Thought I'd entertain you with some gems I received in an ezine email this week.

Doug was describing a 30 pound bass he'd caught recently after fighting it for three hours.

Bill interrupted the story saying, "I saw the picture you took of that fish. You're lucky if it even weighed 10 pounds."

Doug replied, "Well... a fish can lose an awful lot of weight during three hours of fighting."

My Dad and I were talking the other night about love and marriage. He told me that he knew as early as their wedding what marriage to my Mom would be like. It seems the minister asked my Mom, "Do you take this man to be your husband?"

And she said, "I do."

Then the minister asked my Dad, "Do you take this woman to be your wife?" and my Mom said,"He does."

The newlywed wife said to her husband when he returned from work: "I have great news for you.Pretty soon we're going to be three in this house instead of two."

The husband started glowing with happiness and kissing his wife said: "Oh darling, I'm the happiest man in the world."

Then she said: "Oh, honey, I'm glad that you feel this way because tomorrow morning my mother moves in with us."

My dear friend, a divorcee, never remarried and her daughter wanted to know why.

"The men I know would bring too much heavy baggage to the marriage and I simply don't want to put up with it," she explained.

Taking her mother's hand in hers, my friend's daughter said sweetly, "I hate to break the news to you, Mom, but you're not exactly carry-on yourself."

No comments: