Tuesday, October 25, 2005

More Weather Phenomenon

In all the years I've lived in Florida, I've never seen a hurricane season like this. One day, a hurricane roars through South Florida (we had tropical storm winds and rain here in West Central Florida) and that evening, a cold front comes through. What a difference!

The cold front actually pushed Wilma through so fast that she was clipping at somewhere around 30 mph (nearly unheard of for a hurricane). I heard today that after she moved off the Florida coast she sailed along at 53 mph. Now, I have never heard of a 'cane moving that fast. Unless it was a Manatee High or a University of Miami student leaving school for the day.

In any case, it is an absoultely gorgeous day. Sunny and cool. Beautiful blue skies with wispy clouds roling by. I plan to sleep with the bedroom window open.

I will sleep just wonderfully tonight.

No comments: