Saturday, July 16, 2005

Storm Center

It seems that even though we dodged Dennis and Emily seems to be headed for a Mexican vacation, we've had plenty of rain all week. I rather like the rain; it helps to keep the temperatures down. And that's a good thing in my book.

The downside is that summer rains usually bring summer humidity. Our humidity rarely drops below 75% in summer. For example, at 936 pm the humidity is 81%. Temperature is 70%. Feels liks temperature is 82%.

We had a heck of a storm this evening. Thunder and lightning booming and flashing all over. I think it was centered over my house. Poor Wyatt just wasn't sure what to make of everthing. I have to give him credit though, the only time he seemed concerned about the light and sound show was when I just about jumped out of my skin when a crack of lightning surprised me.

The storm knocked out our power a couple of times, but only for a few seconds. The Internet connection went out for maybe a half hour, but the modem reset itself and all was good. My gosh! We actually had to talk to each other for a little bit!

No comments: