Saturday, October 02, 2004

Chow Yun-Fat 'Can't Stand' U.S. Lifestyle

Oct 2, 8:27 AM (ET)

HONG KONG (AP) - Chow Yun-Fat says he can't stand the American way of life and has no plans to pursue U.S. permanent resident status. "I can't stand talking English every day or the lifestyle there ... not to mention the food," the Hong Kong-born film star was quoted as saying in Friday's editions of Chinese-language newspaper The Sun.

"I only go to America for work," he said. "When I finish work, I leave immediately. I won't stay one day longer."

Chow rose to fame in Hong Kong with gangster movies before moving on to Hollywood films such as "The Replacement Killers" and "Anna and the King." He became an instant star with the 2000 release of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," the Ang Lee-directed epic that was nominated for 10 Oscars, including Best Picture.

Chow couldn't be contacted for comment Friday, a National Day holiday in Hong Kong.

hmmmm....he apparently likes American money well enough. I haven't seen any of his movies and I don't think I'll be in any hurry to see these or future movies he might make.

No comments: