Saturday, September 25, 2004

Gushing Thanks

One of the things I do everyday is check my site stats. I simply cannot believe that people actually come here to read what I've written, and some even keep coming back! Wow! Yes, I know, one of the reasons for blogging is simply to put words to paper, err, computer screen. Use the blog for ranting, raving, and so on. But, there is the recognition factor too. It's a real boost to the ego to see people passing through your site and to see the site stats go up.

I also like reading the comments they leave. Some I agree with, some I don't. Some leave me shaking my head and saying, "huh?" or "jeez louise, why is an obvious, Kerry-loving, tree-hugging liberal bothering to leave comments on this site? Do they really think they're going to change my mind?" or even, "Why did they have to call me that? That wasn't nice!" and spend the rest of the day trying to build up my ego again. Then there are those who say nice things and make me feel good about myself. Thank you! I keep telling myself that I don't need validation from someone else to make me feel good about myself, but, when I get it, it sure feels good!

I love seeing new people on my referral list and I make a point of visiting their sites. Some I return to, and some I like enough to add to my sidebar. Some are in another language and some appear to have been written while under the influence of something or another. I always take something away from each site. Sometimes it's a link, sometimes a new thought to ponder.

All I can say is: Thank you!

1 comment:

total said...

You are welcome. I enjoy goig to your blog. I just wish I could be as eloquent as you.