Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Hillary Reduced to Walk On Role

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton will appear at the Democratic convention, but will not speak according to this AP article.

Judith Hope, former chairwoman of the NY State Democratic Party called it "a total outrage" and "very stupid" that Sen.. Hillary Rodham Clinton has not been offered a prominent speaking role at the Democratic National Convention. "It's a slap in the face, not personally for Hillary Clinton, but for every woman in the Democratic Party and every woman in America," said Ms. Hope, a major party fund-raiser.

Now, let me set one thing straight: Senator Clinton does not represent me in any way, shape, or form and I resent that Ms. Hope implies that she does when she says "and every woman in America." I am an American and see it as a ray of hope that Kerry and Company will not allow her to speak. I personally don't want to hear her screeching diatribe. Can you imagine listening to a trio of Hillary, Howard Dean, and Al Gore? ::shudder::

I do however, think that Kerry and Company has made a mistake. I've written before about my opinions regarding Hillary's ambitions to the Oval Office. I don't see it happening, but that doesn't mean she won't try. But in order for it to happen, Kerry cannot win this election. The strategy is that Bush wins another term. He'll be a lame duck in 2008 and unable to run for a third term. Cheney will not run (health reasons, I'm sure), so she'll have a halfway decent chance. If the John-John's win this year, they'll be able to run again in 2008 and she'll have to wait until 2012. That's too late. She'll be well into her 60's and you know how people feel about older women. I think that Bill Clinton's book was published at a time to take away from the Kerry campaign. Between the publication itself, and Bill actually speaking in support of Mr. Bush, it could be the opening volleys of the end of the Kerry campaign.

This will be a very interesting election season.

No comments: