Tuesday, April 21, 2009

They Are Entitled to an Opinion





and I'm entitled to mine. I won't be calling anyone names such as "racist" without knowing them personally. But, I do have the right to choose not to patronize any movie or watch any tv show in which Ms. Garafalo appears.

I believe she has talent, but I won't pay the price of a movie ticket or patronize the sponsor of a program on which she appears. That doesn't mean I won't purchase the sponsor's product, but it won't be because I saw it on a show Ms. Garofalo was on. I can't say that I will not watch Mr. Olbermann's show. I never have and see no reason to start now.

I resent that Ms. Garafalo and Mr. Olbermann think they know what I'm thinking and that my actions are because I don't like the color of the man who is the President of the United States. I also resent that they think I don't understand what the original Boston Tea Party was about. It's been a long time since high school, but I seem to remember it had something to do with...taxes?

I've said in prior posts that I searched my heart and my motives about not voting for Mr. Obama. I honestly and truly believe that the color of his skin is very low on the list of my questions about his ability to lead this country. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not going to defend myself any further against the label of "racist" that has been placed on me and thousands of others. And, I'm quite tired of defending myself because I haven't fallen at the feet of Mr. Obama. The last I knew, I lived in a country that allows my to have a different opinion than others. If we have truly evovled into a country that could elect a black man as president, why do I have to defend my reasons for disagreeing with his politics?

Ms. Garafalo and Mr. Olbermann don't understand that the Tea Party Rallies have nothing at all to do with the color of the skin of the man in the Oval Office. It has everything to do with securing my future and that of future generations.

Ms. Garafalo and Mr. Olbermann just don't get it. Instead of talking to the "tea baggers", and finding out just what they are protesting, and more importantly, why, they prefer to label people they don't know with hatefilled names. And I do mean hatefilled - racist isn't a name to throw about lightly.

I won't call either of them names, but I will say that they are reacting just as I would expect of Liberals.

No comments: