Thursday, October 09, 2008

October Surprise

I came across this yesterday and began wondering whether this will be be the October surprise. It would certainly change the course of events if a prominent polititican is named as part and parcel of the usual corruption that is associated with the Windy City. Could a Chicago politician be involved in corruption or at the least, shady dealings? Not every politician, I'm sure, and not being familiar with local politics, I wouldn't dream of suggesting any names. I'm just speculating as to why prosecutors are requesting an indefinite delay in sentencing. Perhaps they aren't expecting any particular name to come and are just waiting for whatever is coming. If anything.

Of course, the October Surprise could be ACORN's involvement in voter fraud, throwing a monkeywrench into the election process. Remember how "hanging chads" kept the 2000 election hanging for months? If I were in an election this year, I'd already have a lawyer on retainer to file injunctions and lawsuits in the event I lost the election. ACORN has already stated they cannot guarantee that there is no fraud involved. While I would normally say that a candidate should accept the will of the voters as suggested by the voting process, this is one year I would be very concerned about voter fraud.

Watch for it...could this be the big one?

2 comments:

Cappy said...

Hi! CaptainSQL here, just surfing in from very blue Cleveland. Not being a Democrat, I was recently shocked when the Elections Board sent me a letter pleading for me to be a precinct judge. I declined. I need proof of security from physical and legal threats if I do the job and won't sit around as window dressing for Obama and the local Kleptocrats.

Kitten said...

Hi, Cappy! Y'all from the Blue States are welcome here. And especially those of you who lean to the conservative. As I understand, their function is to be sure everything is done on the up-and-up.

I can certainly understand your concern. I'm not sure what being a precinct judge involves, but sounds like what we call poll watchers here in Florida. I have just enough doubt as to the veracity of *some* liberals that I would want some assurance of my physical and legal well being.

Being Florida, a lot of senior citizens work for the local elections offices as paid volunteers. They aren't poll watchers, Those seniors can be very fiesty and some downright dangerous with their canes and walkers :DD