Saturday, September 06, 2008

I've Got a Problem, God

Eve: I've got a problem God.

GOD: What's the problem, Eve?

EVE: I know that you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, as well as that hilarious comedic snake, but I'm just not happy.

GOD: And why is that Eve?

EVE: I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples.

GOD: Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you.

EVE: Man? What is that?

GOD: A flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vain; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But he'll be bigger, faster and will like to hunt and kill things. I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be as smart as you, so he will also need your advice to think properly.

EVE: Sounds great,' but what's the catch?

GOD: Well... you can have him on one condition.

EVE: And what's that, dear God?

GOD: As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring...so you'll have to let him believe that I made him first. And it will have to be our little secret...you know, woman to woman.

No comments: