Tuesday, June 24, 2008

USING GPS TO TRACK GUNS

"Megan Kristen Lewis of the Tallahassee (Fla.) Democrat thinks is 'responsible' is to put global positioning tracking devices (GPS) in every gun," writes blogger Warner Todd Huston over at NewsBusters. "That way the government could track down your firearm if it is 'stolen' or used in a crime."

Read all about this latest stupid idea by the gun-grabbers
here

Tallahassee Democrat
~~~~~~~

I wonder if Ms. Lewis has thought about putting GPS devices in children so they can be tracked if lost or stolen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I welcome all of you to contact me directly.
Following a recent article suggesting the adoption of new policy on gun control, I have spoken with many citizens from all over the US, and have come to a few conclusions. There is an RFS-type radio frequency honing device which has the advantage of being completely concealed (it is the size of a penny), which requires no outside power source. I will ask you, as I have asked many before you (most of whom have come to my side on the issue after lengthy discussions): If one were given the option of having such a device installed, as well as the control over activation of the apparatus (activation would only be necessary upon theft or misplacement of the weapon), would such an element still jeopardize any of the same issues? Please feel encouraged to contact me directly. I am not stuck in cement on the issue, and in an area where something needs to be done, those of whom feel very strongly on an issue are those whose assistance we could use.
Megan Kristen Lewis
mklewis@tallahassee.com