Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wish Me Christmas

I received an email from Dean and Nicole Dzurilla of wishmechristmas.com. They say....

Christmas is a celebration of life. It's a special time of year when families and friends gather from all over to rejoice the birth of Jesus Christ. This precious holiday has existed for countless generations and deserves to be called by its name. Saying "Happy Holidays" or "Have a nice holiday" is not the same as proclaiming "Merry Christmas".

The overwhelming majority of us will celebrate Christmas this year. Unfortunately a small number of disingenuous politicians, misinformed government workers, and special interest groups with loud voices are doing their best to homogenize the true meaning of this beloved day. We cannot let that happen.

I can't and won't disagree with anything they say. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of people saying that I can't honor my beliefs by saying Merry Christmas. Too many of us are willing to sit back and say, "it's just a saying", "it's not important", or "I don't want to offend anyone". How about not offending me? My words and my beliefs are being censored because Liberals are scared witless of offending someone. I've said that I pick my battles. Well, this is one of them. I don't have any special objections to using other terms like Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings, but please, don't tell me I CAN'T say Merry Christmas because it might offend someone.

However, if a Muslim or a Jew or atheist or anyone were to say to me, I don't believe in your God, could you please wish me a Happy Holiday (or other greeting) I would say, of course I will. That's just good manners. I don't want to deliberately offend anyone, but I'm not going to quit saying Merry Christmas because I might offend.

To help promote their idea they are offering free It's okay to wish me a Merry Christmas buttons. Go to their site and order one today. I did.

And then wear the button everywhere you go. I will.

No comments: