Saturday, June 30, 2007

Talk Radio Running America?

Trent Lott seems to think so, although he has back peddled somewhat over the last few days. So do Lindsey Graham, Dianne Feinstein, John Kerry, and Dick Durbin.

Since the demise of that stupid amnesty bill, several congressional critters have come out swinging saying that it's Talk Radio's fault that the bill failed. Gee....let me guess. Talk Radio talked about what this bill was and the American public said, "hell, no!" It became a hot topic simply because the public became informed.

Oh, wait. That's the problem right there! Congress, both sides of the aisle, by the way, doesn't want you to know what they are doing. They would rather pat you on the head and say, "There, there, don't you worry your pretty little head over this matter. It's much too difficult for you to understand. Big Daddy Congress will handle it for you. Everything I do is in your best interest. Trust me."

I hear the words "trust me" and I get very nervous and very curious. What don't they want me to know? I'm not stupid and I do understand words of more than two syllables. You and I hired our congressional critters and it's up to us to pay attention to their job performance. When they act on their own, they need to be taken to task and reminded that they are not their own bosses; they were hired by us and can be fired by us. They need to get regular job performance evaluations and be reminded that their contracts are not automatic - they are renewed at election time.

Lott and others seem to forget that liberals launched Air America, how long ago? Oh, you haven't heard of it? Well, no surprise. It was a big thing when it was launched, but the problem is, they can't get enough people to listen to them to keep it going. I think it's still on the air, but I'm not sure. Then there is Main Stream Media, ever happy to report whatever limousine liberals want to say.

The Fairness Doctrine required all sides of an issue be presented. Isn't that what Talk Radio does? A host presents their understanding (opinion) of an issue and their listeners call in to agree or disagree. I listen to several talk radio shows when I have the chance and every one of them offer an opposing viewpoint, either by allowing listeners to call in or by having someone representing that point of view either in the studio or on the phone. That's the reason I would never be allowed to have a radio or television show. I give my opinion and to h-e-double hockey sticks with anyone else's opinion.

No, that's not entirely true. My readers have the opportunity to tell me I'm wrong and this is why in comments. I will not delete comments that disagree with me. The only comments I have ever deleted were those that had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the topic of the post and were self-serving to get you, my reader, to visit their site and sell you something. Be polite, reasonable, and logical. You might give me information I didn't have and I could even change my mind.

Talk Radio is a good thing. It's about the only place other than the Internet where all opinions can be found. If you don't like what a host has to say, call in and blast him or her.

Or change the station and listen to someone or something who won't make you think.

No comments: