Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Difference Between the Left and the Right

One day, a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies, “I cannot accept money from you. I am giving service back to my community this week.”

The florist is pleased and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, “I cannot accept money from you. I am giving service back to my community this week.”

The cop is happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later a Republican comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, “I cannot accept money from you. I am giving service back to my community this week.”

The Republican is very happy and leaves the shop.

Next morning when the barber goes to open, there is a thank you card and a dozen different books such as “How To Improve Your Business” and “Becoming More Successful”.

Then a Democrat comes in for a haircut and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, “I cannot accept money from you. I am giving service back to my community this week.”

The Democrat is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Democrats lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the left and the right.

No comments: