Sunday, November 20, 2005

Not Feeling Well - Or I'm Not Really Sick, I'm Just Not Well

One of my work cohorts was sick earlier last week. She ended up taking Thursday and Friday off so she could sleep and maybe get over whatever it was she had. It appeared to be a sinus infection of some sort. Of course, several wags were asking if it was bird flu.

So, Friday afternoon I started feeling not so good. Not! I don't get sick! Usually. Sinus, maybe, but not anything contagious. I haven't been sick of any kind since las Christmas, and that was either sinus or a cold. (Sometimes they are hard to tell apart.) I started taking my OTC of choice, Tylenol Sinus Friday afternoon and felt pretty much okay Friday evening.

When I got up Saturday, it had me. Whatever "it" was. I continued with the Tylenol Sinus and managed to dry up the sinus, so I wasn't blowing and sneezing so much. But I was tired. So tired, I slept off and on all day Saturday. I'd wake up for a time, and then fall back to sleep. I knew I was, maybe not "sick" but, "not well" when I realized I wasn't up to sitting in front of the computer.

This morning, when I got up, I felt better. I managed to get a shower and wash my hair. It's amazing how much better you feel when you are clean! I seem to be running a variable temperature, slight, but still enough to make me feel it.

I hope to be over this before Thanksgiving as we are going to the in-laws in Melbourne Wednesday evening. I don't want to spread whatever "it" is around, and frankly, I don't want to be miserable. I can be that at home without traveling to the other side of the state and spreading it around.

Wish me luck!

No comments: