Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Some might wonder why I haven't said anything about Katrina. She's crossed the Keys and is now taking aim on Louisiana. Well, that's because I really don't have anything to say. The temperature has dropped to 77 degrees and we've got a cloud covered sky. A little wind, but that's about all for now. I expect we'll get more wind (ESE at 20-30 mph) and some rain (60% chance) later. The flood warnings have expired (posted by NOAA last night).

I can tell the barometric pressure has dropped. I get headaches when it does and my head has been hurting all afternoon. OTC meds don't help, so I just ride it out. Since Katrina is off-shore, it won't get any worse. It's just enough to be an annoyance. So, I'm leaving the blogging to those who actually have something other than headaches to blog about. See my sidebar for Florida bloggers you might be interested in. Many have lots to say and have photos, too.

When it comes to 'canes, I'd much rather read someone else's experience than post about my own. And yes, I know it will be my turn sometime. While I won't wish 'canes on anyone else, it's one of those "better you than me" things.

No comments: