Thursday, April 28, 2005

Secure Our Borders

Click here for a link to a petition urging President Bush to secure our borders immediately.

I've written about illegal immigrants, but the open borders policy also allow terrorists and drug dealers to cross into America at will. I don't want to stop people from coming to America, I just want them to enter legally. I want our government to know who is entering our country, when and why.

I don't think it's too much to ask, especially since September 11th, to ask our government to take steps to:
  • Prevent people from coming into the US illegally
  • Prevent people who are coming here for illegal purposes such as drug dealing and terror activities from entering the US illegally
  • Know who has overstayed their Visas
  • Know why people are coming into the US
It's bad enough that people come into the US legally and then "forget" to leave, at least we know they entered legally and why. It's the ones who just walk across the unsecured border that I am concerned about.

No comments: