Monday, January 19, 2004

Puppies!

It's been about 10 days since I last posted. Since I got back from vacation, it's been just one thing after another. The fact that my work computer worked only about 3 days out of the last 3 weeks I worked did not help!

I was on the phone so much to Computer Services that I began to think I was in a relationship with Pete at the Help Desk. Now, I've never laid eyes on Pete, and he's probably a really nice guy, but he's not my Dale!

Anyway, finally got the computer fixed (crossing fingers, toes, eyes, T's and anything else that can be crossed) so I was able to get some work done - not nearly enough, but some.

Oh, the good thing that happened was that we got 3 more puppies for the Puppy Raiser program. Parker and Jerry are here to stay, and Mike is visiting until his new home is ready for him. All males, all Labs. Mike is brown, Jerry is yellow, and Parker is brown and tan. His coloring is that of a Rottweiler rather than a Lab. Apparently his daddy carries the Rotty gene and throws it out in a couple of pups in each litter. No matter, they are all adorable! We're getting 3 more in February, which will bring our total to 8.

Wesley, one of the original two Labs we got in September just wasn't sure what was going on with these little critters. Willie is in for a big surprise when he gets back from his weekend home!

When I got back from two weeks vacation after Christmas, I swear Willie and Wesley (sounds like a couple of C&W singers, don't they?) had grown six inches in all directions. When Wesley was checking Jerry out, I couldn't believe Wesley had been that small only four months ago! Wow! What a difference!

Curves

I missed several sessions at Curves over the holiday and the first week I was back at work, Tina and I were just too swamped to even think about it. Tina had to be off Monday and Tuesday, and wasn't able to make it. I would have met her there, but, like I said, it just wasn't in the cards. Anyway, we just decided to forego the first week in '04. Not a great way to start the year, but, that was how it had to be.

Anyway, we were weighed and measured on Friday. Still haven't lost weight, but I didn't gain any either! And, I lost 1.25" on the waist, .5" on the abdomen, and an inch on the arms. So, even though I haven't lost weight, I can believe that I'm still making progress. I'll be doing cartwheels (in my mind, anyway) when I do start losing weight, but until then, I won't be discouraged! Yay, me!

New Links

You might notice that I've changed the shopping links in the sidebar. I'll be changing some of the links for Valentine's Day. So, if you feel like visiting any of these merchants, feel free to do so.

No comments: